We’re Hiring! Vice President, SQFI Sales
The Food Marketing Institute (FMI) is a dynamic national trade association, representing the supermarket industry on the cutting-edge of food and consumer trends. We are looking for a Vice President, SQFI Sales who can lead, develop, direct and manage the entire sales function for our SQFI program.
In this diverse position, you will:
- Formulate and execute short- and long-term sales plans and budgets
- Analyze market conditions, market research and promotional efforts and recommend initiatives and program enhancements.
- Recruit and manage up to 15 remote sales professionals in numerous countries (includes conducting performance appraisals, providing daily coaching and project management expertise).
- Set sales priorities and targets for international markets and ensure that the team meets the goals established.
- Construct and maintain sales budgets.
- Work collaboratively with the internal marketing team to develop effective promotional/marketing materials (including design oversight, copywriting, editing and proofing).
Candidates who will succeed in this role will have:
- A bachelor’s degree and/or an advanced degree in business administration, or a degree related to the food/consumer product fields.
- A minimum of ten to fifteen years of professional management experience in sales, and/or a customer service capacity including experience in strategic planning, financial and budget management.
- A familiarity with sales of products within the testing, inspection and certification (TIC) industry.
- Previous food industry experience.
- The capacity to understand, use and select the latest customer relationship management (CRB) platforms.
- A strong business acumen with a solid track record of developing revenue.
- Experience creating, developing and managing a team of remote workers.
- A solid knowledge of the latest marketing techniques with the ability to analyze the existing strategies and make recommendations for improvements.
- The natural ability to spot opportunity and generate ideas in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience negotiating, persuading and establishing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Public speaking experience.
- The ability to travel extensively throughout the United States and abroad.
FMI offers an outstanding benefits package including: health, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, flexible spending plan, 10 paid holidays and much more! Our headquarters is located in Crystal City (Arlington), Virginia just a few blocks from the Metro. If you want to work with a fun team in a flexible environment that encourages personal and professional growth, Interested individuals should contact Stephanie at(202) 220-0767 or firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!