We’re Hiring! – Ethical Sourcing Manager
February 20, 2019
The primary purpose of this position is to continue to develop and manage the Safe Quality Food Institute (SQFI) Ethical Sourcing (ES) program.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in developing a strategy for implementation of the ES program
- Oversee the development and execution of the ES program including:
- Technical program development
- Governance policies and procedures
- Benchmarking requirements
- Coordinate ES technical and compliance activities with SQFI technical team
- Oversee certification body (CB) activities
- In conjunction with the SQFI and FMI marketing teams, develop and direct an overall marketing strategy for Ethical Sourcing and oversee:
- Website updates
- Promotional materials
- Meeting and conference participation
- Coordinate financial management with SVP and Sr. Director of Operations
- Monitor budgetary and financial benchmarks
- Oversee a stakeholder advisory council that will help to develop technical advances for the ES program
- Direct efforts to gain buyer acceptance of the program
- Be the primary lead for sales of the ES program to suppliers
- Direct and manage the resources and budgets of the ES program, including consultants and staff.
Other Job Functions
- Duties will include working with internal and external constituents, including those who work outside the U.S.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned or directed.
- Normal office environment requiring use of typical business equipment (e.g., computer, telephone, fax, and copier).
- Ability to travel to conventions and conferences.
- Flexible about working weekends and nights as required.
- Other duties and projects as assigned or directed.
- Normal office environment requiring use of typical business equipment (e.g., computer, telephone, fax and copier machines).
- Willingness to travel and be on the road.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
Education Skills Experience Required
- College degree in business
- Minimum of two to four years prior work experience in business management
- Relevant sales and negotiating experience is required
- Strong customer service and work ethic skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to speak in front of large audiences
- Strong grammar and proofreading skills
- Strong time management and project planning skills
- Ability to plan marketing and sales campaigns
- Budget development knowledge
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer literacy with understanding of and ability to use Microsoft Office products. Advanced competency with Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Knowledge and understanding of routine office procedures, including use of fax, copier, telephone, and computer
- Ability to organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks with attention to detail
- Professional demeanor, approach, and appearance
FMI is an equal opportunity employer.