We’re Hiring! – Compliance Manager
This position will develop, manage and grow the company’s Safe Quality Food Institute (SQFI) “best practice” compliance program, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable policies and procedures for all functions and global business entities. The scope of the role includes: oversight of the SQFI auditors, consultants, trainers, certification bodies and suppliers with regards to program compliance, as applicable.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for reporting to the Vice President, SQFI Technical Affairs on the activities of the external stakeholders to the SQFI program including: suppliers, auditors, certification bodies, consultants and trainers.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, planners, suppliers, auditors, consultants, trainers, buyers, certification bodies and other specialists to provide basic and routine policy interpretation and requirements, compliance risk assessment, trend analysis and best practice recommendations.
- Inform company employees or other interested parties of program issues.
- Develop proposed project objectives and targets and report to management on progress.
- Provide assistance with projects by collecting data, providing project documentation and training staff.
- Monitor progress of internal audit programs.
- Prepare, review and update investigations and recommendation reports.
- Conduct basic and routine policy and procedure reviews and updates ensuring clarity, applicability and compliance. Develop, implement, modify, and oversee company monitoring plan to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Advise stakeholders about SQFI policies and standards.
- Obtain, update and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Prepare, review, update and maintain quality assurance documentation and procedures.
- Provide technical support for remediation and litigation projects.
- Collaborate with the SQFI Stakeholders to ensure compliance.
- Assist in the design and update of training for all SQFI professionals.
- Develop and administer regularly scheduled audit, inspection, and sampling techniques to monitor and ensure compliance with standard practices.
- Prepare results summary reports and action plans and make formal presentations to corporate management.
- Conduct compliance audits, oversees the fulfillment of auditor requests, act as a liaison between business and auditors during on-site activities, evaluate and respond to all basic and routine preliminary findings and recommendations, guide businesses in preparing corrective action to address basic and routine findings and recommendations in a timely manner.
- Direct and participate in Compliance Review Committee meetings and provide input on the violation process. Oversee tracking and trending and propose recommendations for corrective actions.
- Provide input and feedback on key technical documents to the SQFI program.
- Represent SQFI in internal and external stakeholder venues such as conferences, workshops, or meetings.
Normal office environment requiring use of typical business equipment (e.g., computer, telephone, fax and copier). Ability to travel extensively for training and auditing purposes.
Education Skills Experience Required
- At least five years of experience in the administration compliance of GFSI benchmarked schemes.
- Relevant college degree (preferably in food science or business management).
- Experience resolving compliance and regulatory issues in collaboration with agencies and public interest groups.
- Knowledge of SQFI business and client areas supported as well as compliance matters.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 programs including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong customer service and team orientation.
- Strong presentation skills are a must.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-directed with excellent time and project management skills with an ability to organize, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks with strict attention to detail and with minimal supervision.
FMI is an equal opportunity employer.